Amplifying amazing black podcasts that taught me something. I highly recommend the following podcasts/ episodes.
- 1619: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/podcasts/1619-podcast.html
- The Nicole Walters Podcast – Season 2, Episode: “Fight or Flight”: https://nicolewalters.com/fight-or-flight/
- Code Switch – Episode: “A decade of watching black people die”: https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/865261916/a-decade-of-watching-black-people-die
- Pod Save The People with Deray -Episode “Keep the Fight”: https://crooked.com/podcast/keep-the-fight-with-justine-barron-and-amelia-mcdonell-parry/
There’s more I look forward to listening to and learning from in the weeks to come. Please share your suggestions and takeaways with me in my inbox email@example.com.
Thank you for being here.
Now, I hope you listen, learn, and act!
One of the best ways to act is to donate:
Here are the number of organizations you can donate to and learn from.
- Advocate for Policy to end police violence fully joincampaignzero.org
- Act for George Floyd https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2020/05/29/george-floyd-death-donations-resources-justice-petitions/5282539002/
- Fight for Breonna Taylor Fightforbreonna.org
- Sign for Tony McDade https://www.change.org/p/black-lives-matter-activists-justice-for-tony-mcdade
- Volunteer as a Legal Observer https://www.nlg.org/legalobservers/
Please take a look and if you’re able, donate. If you’re not able, take a moment to listen, learn and perhaps find yourself in an uncomfortable conversation whether that’s with yourself or with a person of color…because it’s in that discomfort where we all grow.
And that is something positive we can all cling to.