- What is a podcast? a podcast is an audio file that can be listened to any time anywhere …in other words “on-demand.” It’s similar to “talk radio.” A podcast is also known as an “RSS FEED.” In order to get an RSS FEED you’ll need to partner with a Media Host.
- What’s an RSS FEED? RSS stands for “really simple syndication.” It is a code for your podcast. This is what you’ll enter into your
- What’s a Media Host? This is a company that has “server space” set aside for your podcast. They supply you with the RSS feed you’ll need to launch your podcast. this will be the place you upload your audio files. The media host then distributes your audio files by linking to your website, apple, google play, stitcher… everywhere you can listen to them… You will most likely have to submit your RSS feeds to the other places through your media host, but the media host facilitates the process… this is a “cost” for all podcasters…but depending on which Media Hosting company you choose you can spend more or less…
- How many podcasts are there? According to recent data released by Edison Research, there are about 800,000 podcasts, but only 100,000 are actually still “active.”
- Is the podcasting market saturated? No. There are currently more than 8-Million blogs while only 800,000 podcasts. That’s a 1 in 1,000 ratio. There is still a lot of room to grow.
- Where can you listen to podcasts? So many places. Through apps on your smartphone or computer like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Soundcloud, Overcast, Castbox, Luminary and more. This is a growing list. Straight from a website on your computer, Through iTunes, Your home speaker, Some new cars have this set up on the dashboard.
- How long will it take to get my podcast on Apple Podcasts? It can take up to 72 hours to get your podcast approved by Apple Podcasts. Perhaps longer if you submit your podcast over a holiday weekend. You can always follow up with Apple here: PodcastSupport@apple.com
- What equipment do you need to record a podcast? Truly, a cellphone. You can record, post and edit all through different applications on your smartphone. If you want to step up your game you’ll need a microphone and your laptop.
- What are 5 things you should do before starting a podcast? Read THIS
A podcast is an audio file that can be listened to any time anywhere …in other words “on-demand.”
April 1, 2021
NEW APP: Scratch N’ Sniff Social Media Promos for Podcasters
The post really smelled like lemons! I couldn't wait to listen to the latest episode
March 24, 2021
Voice exercises for podcasters
The warm up vocal exercises really set up the instrument of your voice. Vocal exercises are the analogy of a runner who stretches before running a race.
March 17, 2021
Why Background Music in a podcast Is important
Since podcasts are such an audio-based platform, music and sound effects play a big role in making it all come together.
February 17, 2021
What Influences Your Podcasting Income?
Even if you’ve taken steps to monetize your podcast, you might still be unsure what to expect from it. After all, how much money can a podcast make? Here’s what you should know.
February 16, 2021
How to Find (and Invite!) Podcast Guests
Guests create valuable content for your listeners—but finding them can feel a little daunting! Here’s how to find (and reach out) to potential guests.
February 12, 2021
List of Apple Podcast Categories
When you are uploading your podcast to your Media Host of choice, you'll have the opportunity to pick 3 Categories via Apple Podcast. Make sure to pick the niche inside the niche. The more you niche the faster your podcast would grow.