- What is a podcast? a podcast is an audio file that can be listened to any time anywhere …in other words “on-demand.” It’s similar to “talk radio.” A podcast is also known as an “RSS FEED.” In order to get an RSS FEED you’ll need to partner with a Media Host.
- What’s an RSS FEED? RSS stands for “really simple syndication.” It is a code for your podcast. This is what you’ll enter into your
- What’s a Media Host? This is a company that has “server space” set aside for your podcast. They supply you with the RSS feed you’ll need to launch your podcast. this will be the place you upload your audio files. The media host then distributes your audio files by linking to your website, apple, google play, stitcher… everywhere you can listen to them… You will most likely have to submit your RSS feeds to the other places through your media host, but the media host facilitates the process… this is a “cost” for all podcasters…but depending on which Media Hosting company you choose you can spend more or less…
- How many podcasts are there? According to recent data released by Edison Research, there are about 800,000 podcasts, but only 100,000 are actually still “active.”
- Is the podcasting market saturated? No. There are currently more than 8-Million blogs while only 800,000 podcasts. That’s a 1 in 1,000 ratio. There is still a lot of room to grow.
- Where can you listen to podcasts? So many places. Through apps on your smartphone or computer like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Soundcloud, Overcast, Castbox, Luminary and more. This is a growing list. Straight from a website on your computer, Through iTunes, Your home speaker, Some new cars have this set up on the dashboard.
- How long will it take to get my podcast on Apple Podcasts? It can take up to 72 hours to get your podcast approved by Apple Podcasts. Perhaps longer if you submit your podcast over a holiday weekend. You can always follow up with Apple here: PodcastSupport@apple.com
- What equipment do you need to record a podcast? Truly, a cellphone. You can record, post and edit all through different applications on your smartphone. If you want to step up your game you’ll need a microphone and your laptop.
- What are 5 things you should do before starting a podcast? Read THIS
A podcast is an audio file that can be listened to any time anywhere …in other words “on-demand.”
January 13, 2021
How to Engage Your Audience: 5 Tactics That Work
With more podcasts available than ever, it’s important to capture and sustain your listeners’ attention. But how do you do that consistently? Try these engagement strategies to make it work.
January 8, 2021
How (and Why) to Define Your Ideal Podcast Listener
Defining who your real audience is will help you focus not only on creating great content but on creating the right content.
December 30, 2020
Speech tricks. How to sound better while doing a Podcast?
There are multiple ways to improve your podcast voice quality, whether you’re a beginner or a veteran podcaster. A few speech tricks and warm-ups can help you get better audio every time—with a little practice!
December 23, 2020
The Power of Podcasting: Key Reasons to Start One for Your Business
Podcasts are a powerful tool in business and beyond—but what is it exactly that makes them such a compelling resource? Here’s what you should know.
December 16, 2020
How to Choose a Content Niche for Your Podcast
The perfect niche is a balance between what you love, what interests listeners, and what’s profitable. So how do you choose the right one? Here’s what to know.
December 15, 2020
Positive Thinking for Beginners: What Is It and Why It Matters
Keeping a positive attitude is fundamental to reaching your main goals. Here are some tips to get inspired and to be the entrepreneur that you want to be.